Driver's License Appeal Process
MICHIGAN DRIVER'S LICENSE APPEAL ATTORNEY
If you have been convicted of multiple drunk driving or substance abuse offenses, your Michigan license has likely been revoked. This means you must apply for the return of your license and jump through several hoops to have a chance for its return.
An application for Michigan driver's license restoration is commonly reviewed by the Michigan Department of State, not the courts. This means you are subject to all of Lansing's red tape and regulations. Finding an experienced attorney to help can mean the difference between driving again and waiting another grueling year to begin the application process anew.
We Appeal License Suspension in Ann Arbor
If you have accumulated too many points on your driving record from civil infractions, your license may be suspended or revoked. In this scenario, the attorneys with Geherin Law Group, PLLC, can help you with a hardship appeal or Re-examination proceeding to gain back your full or restricted driving privileges.
Our lawyers will consult with you to explain every step of this complicated process. When you work with us following the loss of your license, we can:
- Determine your eligibility for a restoration hearing: This depends upon a number of factors, including your driving record and criminal history, as well as the length of your suspension/revocation and the jurisdiction in which you are applying.
- Gather evidence and documentation for your restoration hearing: This may include letters of support speaking to your sobriety or lack of danger to society, as well as other forms directed to the Department of State.
- Help you obtain a substance abuse evaluation: This is typically the first step of your appeals process that occurs prior to hearing. Our firm maintains relationships with therapists throughout the state to whom we can refer you.
- Help you prepare for the restoration hearing: We will request your hearing and thoroughly prepare your testimony. We will also review the general process and discuss what you can expect from the hearing officer.
- Attend the restoration hearing: Our lawyers will remain by your side throughout the hearing and fight passionately to have your driving privileges restored. If necessary, we will consider appealing your case to Circuit Court to fight the DAAD's decision.
Consult With the Attorneys at Geherin Law Group, PLLC
All too often, lawyers try to "dabble" in license restoration work and simply do not have the expertise and knowledge necessary to help. On many occasions, these same attorneys do not even prepare their clients to testify until the date of the hearing itself!
At the law firm of Geherin Law Group, PLLC, we take a hands-on and proactive approach to license restoration cases, and we keep you advised every step of the way. Our Michigan driver's license appeal lawyers know the process, appear before the judges and understand that the road to success requires intensive preparation. In short, because we recognize how important a driver's license is to you, we work as hard as we can to get you back in the driver's seat.
If you live out of state and cannot get licensed in that state because of a past Michigan revocation, we can help. We have successfully removed holds for countless out-of-state residents. There are various paths to get your Michigan revocation/hold removed, and we would be happy to discuss them with you in a free phone consultation. Contact us today at (734) 263-2780.